Giant Steps Tasmania is a Registered Independent School. To support
the running of our specialist program we charge a fee of $4880.00 per
annum for a full-time student
- The $4880.00 is charged out in 4 equal parts during the year.
- Part-time students will be invoiced a pro-rata amount of the full-time fees
- Parents/Carers receive an invoice at the beginning of each term.
- We can be flexible with payment options. Options such as weekly
payments, Direct Deposits, and other arrangements can be considered.
Please contact the office to work out a payment plan that suits your
- A possible rebate/discount on school fees is made available each
year (when possible) by the school board. Parents with special
circumstances can apply to the school when applications are made
available. This is usually in term 4. Parents/Carers will be notified
when this occurs. This process may result in a family receiving a
discount on their fees.
- As a part of student enrolment, fees must be paid in a prompt manner
and if there are any delays please contact the office to discuss
- We do not charge any additional levy or excursion fees.
- Giant Steps Tasmania offers a transport service for those students
living in the areas between Deloraine and Launceston along with the
areas between Deloraine and Devonport.
- This service is operated by us and students are supported by our staff on the bus.
- There is a cost for this service. Parents and Carers are strongly
encouraged to apply for a Conveyance Allowance for their children. This
is done through the Tasmanian State Government. The conveyance allowance
will, in most cases, cover the cost of our bus service.
- This can be a complicated process. Please discuss this with our
office for advice on how to make a successful and timely application to
the relevant Government Department.
- If you do not apply for or are unsuccessful in your application for
the Conveyance Allowance you will receive an invoice from the school for
- This is important so please ask for assistance if you require help.
- Uniform items are available to order through our school office.
- Uniforms are not compulsory at Giant Steps Tasmania.
For term dates and other important dates throughout 2020, please see our Year Planner