- Bus times are: Launceston (Door of Hope) 8.10am (pick up); 3.50pm (drop off)
Devonport (Argosy) 8.05am (pick up); 3.55pm (drop off)
Latrobe 8.25am (pick up); 3.40 pm (drop off)
- Aim for a calm start to the day that follows a predictable
pattern. (e.g. same getting up time, same leaving home time, same route
- Be on time to the pick-up point, but do not arrive too early as waiting can be disruptive to a student.
- Park near the bus however do not park right next to the bus door. Crossing a car park with vehicles arriving and departing is dangerous.
- Be aware of other adults and children when entering and exiting the car park. Please drive slowly and carefully.
- Until the student is safely seated on the bus s/he is the
responsibility of the parent/ carer, so conversations with other
parents/ carers should wait until all students are safely seated on the
- Do not allow the student to get on to the bus until it is fully staffed (by the Bus Driver and all Bus Supervisors).
- Do not become involved in the management of other students. There
will be processes and plans around other students that you might not be
aware of and your involvement might be unhelpful.
- Give any medication to the Bus Driver. Remember that all medication must be in a Webster Pack.
- Do not involve the Bus Supervisors in conversation. Their
responsibility is getting the students safely onto the bus. If there is
information the school should have, make sure it is written in the
- Once your student is safely seated on the bus, leave promptly.
Some students can find the transition from home difficult and it helps
them if parents/ carers do not linger.
- When picking up students, please collect your child from the bus. We discourage students from walking unassisted to the collecting vehicle. Our bus supervisors must stay at the bus and cannot walk with your child to your vehicle.
If a student is going to be absent for any reason, the parent/ carer
must contact the School and the Bus Driver or a Bus Supervisor.
In exceptional circumstances, if a parent/ carer knows that s/he will
be late getting the student to the pick-up point, s/he should call the
Bus Driver before the designated pick-up time and the Bus Driver may
wait for the student for no more than 10 minutes. If a student is
regularly late, the Principal will contact the parent/ carer to discuss
the situation. If the situation cannot be resolved, the parent/ carer
may need to make alternative arrangements.
Parents/ Carers must notify the school if anyone other than the
person(s) listed on the Enrolment Form will be meeting the student from
the bus. Parents/ Carers will ensure that the person who meets the
student will be carrying a photographic ID which they can show to the Bus
Parents/ Carers must ensure that students are well enough to attend
school and have not experienced diarrhoea or vomiting at any time during
the preceding 48 hours.