- Giant Steps Tasmania is a Registered Independent School. To support the running of our specialist program we charge a fee of $4880.00 per annum for a full-time student
- The $4880.00 is charged out in 4 equal parts during the year.
- Part-time students will be invoiced a pro-rata amount of the full-time fees
- Parents/Carers receive an invoice at the beginning of each term.
- We can be flexible with payment options. Options such as weekly payments, Direct Deposits, and other arrangements can be considered. Please contact the office to work out a payment plan that suits your needs.
- A possible rebate/discount on school fees is made available each year (when possible) by the school board. Parents with special circumstances can apply to the school when applications are made available. This is usually in term 4. Parents/Carers will be notified when this occurs. This process may result in a family receiving a discount on their fees.
- As a part of student enrolment, fees must be paid in a prompt manner and if there are any delays please contact the office to discuss options.
- We do not charge any additional levy or excursion fees.
- Giant Steps Tasmania offers a transport service for those students living in the areas between Deloraine and Launceston along with the areas between Deloraine and Devonport.
- This service is operated by us and students are supported by our staff on the bus.
- There is a cost for this service. Parents and Carers are strongly encouraged to apply for a Conveyance Allowance for their children. This is done through the Tasmanian State Government. The conveyance allowance will, in most cases, cover the cost of our bus service.
- This can be a complicated process. Please discuss this with our office for advice on how to make a successful and timely application to the relevant Government Department.
- If you do not apply for or are unsuccessful in your application for the Conveyance Allowance you will receive an invoice from the school for bus travel.
- This is important so please ask for assistance if you require help.
- Uniform items are available to order through our school office.
- Uniforms are not compulsory at Giant Steps Tasmania.
For term dates and other important dates throughout 2020, please see our Year Planner